Saturday, June 19, 2010

Netting Removed!

Southern View of Complete Garden


Today was the day to finally remove the netting from the seedlings!  I'm excited that the plants have gotten to this stage, but, unfortunately, they're not doing well.  I seem to have an insect problem, but I don't know what kind of insects, so I'm not sure how to respond to them.  In addition, it looks like only two of my pumpkin seedlings have survived, and they're not looking as nearly as good as last year.  :-(

Well, hopefully with some dedicated weeding, watering, tender loving care, and, if I get lucky, a few weeks of consistently sunny weather, thing may turn around.

Here are some pics of their progress after the netting was removed and I did a lot of weeding/bed clean up:


Bok Choy Bed



Bok Choy Plant Close Up with some Insect Munching Evident


Encouraging Side View of Some Healthy Looking Corn and Bean Stalks



One of Two of My Sickly Looking Pumpkin Seedlings - C'mon Guys I'm Rooting for You!!



Very Sick Looking Bean Stalk Plant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers